Your Creamy Companion: Butter
PACKAGING - 2014
- Resolving the issues faced while opening, consuming, and disposing the household butter package.
- Creating a more interactive, engaging product that enhances the users' experience of butter consumption.
Butter being a milk product, the inspiration for our packaging is an old wooden milk bucket. Through our design, we wish to communicate its organic nature & origins. The novelty of the form would fascinate consumers when they see it displayed on a super-market shelf & would get them to reach for it! The industrial design takes into account the manufacturing processes and design constraints of packaging butter. We decided to call it Your Creamy Companion as the uniqueness of butter lies in the fact that it is never consumed by itself & only as a 'companion' along with other edibles.
Graphic Design- Mazhar Bagasrawala
Product Design- Sarah Das
Once depleted, the package can be opened up completely and cleaned. This ensures zero wastage.
Problems with existing packages:
1. Messy to use
2. Requires transfer to a butter container
3. Butter deforms within, cannot store later
4. Requires a bag to be carried by itself
5. No quantity control on butter taken
6. Nowhere to scrape excess butter left behind on the knife
7. Visually unappetising
8. Lacks a defined method of opening